Animal Services

The Kitsap Humane Society is the contractor for City of Bremerton animal control and pet licensing. For additional information animal licensing, please visit the City Clerk's Animal Licensing webpage. For information on the Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) Program for Community Cats, please contact the Kitsap Humane Society at 360-692-6977. 

Wild Animals

The City of Bremerton has an ordinance against outdoor feeding of wild animals or domestic animals as to cause an unreasonable disturbance or accumulation of droppings in surrounding areas. A more specific ordinance does not allow the feeding of raccoons. BMC 7.15.010(r).

Feeding or Keeping Wild Animals 

The City Contracts with the Kitsap Humane Society's Rescue & Enforcement to investigate the feeding or keeping of wild animals, however, they do not remove or pick up wild animals. Call 911 to report a problem or file a complaint of feeding. Enforcement Officers are dispatched by CenCom 911. To file a report online, please complete the Wildlife Report Submission Form.

Injured or Orphaned Wild Animals

Please direct all inquires regarding injured or orphaned wild animals to West Sound Wildlife Center, 7501 NE Dolphin Drive, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110; 206-855-9057 (Wildlife Hospital & Hotline).

Education and Trapping of Wild Animals

Washington Department of Fish & Wildlife is a great resource for dealing with wildlife in your neighborhood. You may also contact the WDFW Wildlife Conflict Program at 360-902-2515 or


The City contracts with USDA to trap raccoons causing public safety and health concerns. To report concerns please use the Wildlife Report Submission Form or contact 360-473-5323 or

Dead Wildlife on Public Property or Right-of-Ways

Please contact the City of Bremerton Public Works & Utilities Customer Service Response at 360-473-5920 or to report dead wildlife.