The City of Bremerton has prepared a subarea plan for the Puget Sound Industrial Center - Bremerton, commonly known as PSIC - Bremerton (formerly South Kitsap Industrial Area or SKIA)
. The project supports green economic development, ensures that future development will result in reduced greenhouse gas emissions, promotes sustainable low-impact development and environmental stewardship.
Due to the distinct context and potential for development in PSIC - Bremerton, the creation of a subarea plan was necessary in order to provide targeted guidance for future development.
Another important piece of the planning efforts undertaken for PSIC - Bremerton is the preparation of a Planned Action EIS. A Planned Action EIS supports streamlined environmental review for qualified projects. An EIS, or Environmental Impact Statement, is an in-depth analysis of alternatives options for achieving the proposed project. In the case of PSIC - Bremerton, the EIS considered 3 alternatives for how development might occur in the future.
Together these 2 documents effectively position PSIC - Bremerton as a compelling option for industrial development and are important elements in creating new jobs for our community. For more information view our Documents page
Basic Facts About PSIC - Bremerton
- PSIC - Bremerton is located in southwest Bremerton and is bisected by State Route 3
- The majority of the PSIC - Bremerton UGA was annexed by the city in multiple phases between 2008 and 2009
- The city amended the Comprehensive Plan in 2008 to include PSIC - Bremerton as a new type of center
- PSIC - Bremerton comprises approximately 3,700 acres
- PSIC - Bremerton is one of 8 designated Manufacturing/Industrial Center in the Central Puget Sound region. This important regional designation is conferred by the Puget Sound Regional Council (PSRC)