The following notification is from the Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT):
Traffic delays and night noise expected during Warren Avenue Bridge work in July
Upcoming work on the Warren Avenue Bridge will likely bring lengthy traffic backups and nighttime construction noise to the areas surrounding the bridge.
Resurfacing work on the span is scheduled for three weekends in July, according to WSDOT:
- 8 PM Friday, July 8, to 5 AM Monday, July 11
- 8 PM Friday, July 15, to 5 AM Monday, July 18
- 8 PM Friday, July 22, to 5 AM Monday, July 25
Over these three weekends, traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction. WSDOT traffic engineers anticipate miles-long backups in both directions. Because of this, people who must use the Warren Avenue Bridge are highly encouraged to:
- Only travel if necessary and avoid discretionary trips.
- Travel earlier in the day or later in the evening when traffic volumes are lower.
- Use transit, carpool, vanpool or work from home or remote office locations if possible.
Work may be rescheduled on short notice due to weather. If the schedule changes, weekend closures would be moved to the next favorable weather weekend. Updated information is available via:
For questions, or more information, please visit the WSDOT Olympic Region Strategic Bridge Preservation project webpage.