The unit is staffed with 4 records specialists. A Support Services Lieutenant also provides assistance.
Ink fingerprinting is provided for all applicants for jobs, permits or licensing, except immigration and naturalization requests. Those services are provided at federal agencies in Seattle. Ink fingerprinting service is available Monday – Thursday, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. on a first come, first served basis.
Copies of traffic reports are provided if your name appears on the report (witness, victim, or owner) or upon verification that you are the registered legal owner of the vehicle or vehicles involved.
Copies of incident reports are provided upon completion of the public disclosure request forms. This includes witnesses, victims or suspects. The public disclosure request for information requires an interim response with in 5 days. The appropriate Revised Code of Washington (RCW)
will be cited when requests are denied.
Background checks are provided for clearance or employment requests from any citizen, any level of government or agency, and commercial or private business. Requests must include both the correct date of birth and complete name (no exceptions). Local records management systems are used to check and verify requests.
Fix-it tickets are cleared at the walk up front counter when law enforcement staff is available.
Property pickup is available only after release requests are properly processed through the Crime Scenes and property staff. Property staff set the appointment pick up times only for Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Proper picture identification is required to receipt for the property.
Concealed pistol licenses may be obtained after completing an application, processing a background check, and fingerprinting. NEW Concealed Pistol License applications for City of Bremerton residents are accepted during lobby hours, Monday – Thursday, from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Concealed Pistol License RENEWALS are accepted in person or via mail. For Concealed Pistol License RENEWALS ONLY, click here
Procedures for Renewing a Concealed Pistol License Via Mail
- Per RCW 9.41.070 a CPL holder may apply for a renewal 90 days prior to their CPL's expiration date and may apply for a late renewal during the 90 days immediately following their CPL's expiration.
- Renewal applicants must be a resident of the city limits of Bremerton.
- You can obtain the application on the City's website or by requesting an electronic copy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit a copy of your current driver's license with your CPL application.
- Submit the application and license copies via mail to:
Bremerton Police Department
1025 Burwell St.
Bremerton, WA 98337
- Indicate return address desired for the CPL renewal.
- Please enclose a check made payable to the City of Bremerton to pay the fees.
- Renewal fee - $32.00
- Late Renewal fee - $42.00
- Replacement fee - $10.00
Public Disclosure Information, Procedures & Form
Public Disclosure and the release of information are processed according to the Revised Code of Washington (RCW). For online requests, please visit the Bremerton Public Records Request Form
. For written requests, download the Public Disclosure Request form (PDF)
and fill it out. Return the completed form to the Records Unit.
- Incident Reports: No charge for 1st 50 pages, $0.15 per page after
- Traffic Accident
- State Forms: $10
- Supplemental Sheets: No charge for 1st 50 pages, $0.15 per page after
- Criminal History Check: $10
- First Card: $10
- Each Additional Card: $10
- Photo Prints: (Per set when in possession of the department): Actual cost of processing
- Service Fee for Anti-Harassment Order: $50
- Gun Permit at Time of Fingerprints (The RCW sets the gun permit fees): $48.00
- Gun Permit - Renewal: $32
- Gun Permit - Late Renewal: $42
- Gun Permit - Replacement: $10
Fees are payable to Bremerton City Treasurer.