The City of Bremerton is applying for a designation as a Washington State Creative District. A Creative District is a geographically defined area of cultural and economic activity. It’s the heart of a community. It is a place for people to gather and enjoy their community’s arts and culture and where innovation and creativity can thrive. A place that helps the community move enthusiastically into the future.
State certification endorses creative activities in your community. It recognizes the potential for growth. Certification can help:
- Promote your community’s creative identity.
- Grow jobs in the creative sector.
- Increase tourism and bring new visitors.
- Attract artists, start-ups, and creative businesses.
- Create opportunities for affordable housing that may include live/work/maker spaces for artists.
- Boost livability.
- Redevelop historic assets in your community.
We are asking for your help with our effort.
Please complete our Creative District Registry form to add your name or business to our Creative District Registry and help us identify the resources you may need for your business.
We are also seeking support for our application. If you would be willing to help with the following, please contact Cynthia Engelgau at 360-473-5425 or Cynthia.Engelgau@ci.bremerton.wa.us.
- Adding your name or business name to our list of supporters
- Submitting a letter of support (we can assist you with the letter)